WILD FIRE
The fire left a heart broken,
the hillsides baron, minds
traumatized, and homes
extinct. He left each area black,
black as the night sky, black as the
dark lit alleys. He wasn’t swift
He stayed and mocked those
Who tried to silence him.
He was a man on mission to
Burn everything. After it was all
Said and done, the sky
Covered in smoked, air the thing we cherished
The most, so hard to get because
It hurt to breathe.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

When I first read this poem, I thought it was really good. Then I went back and sort of dissected it and I really like the way some of these lines were put together. I really liked the way you put together this line: "The hillsides baron, minds Traumatized,." I felt that this sentence really got more emphasized when you put traumatized on the next line. It really makes it stand out. I really like this poem and they compared well to the original.
ReplyDelete