One particular image that ran through my mind in this essay was an image of the owls she spoke of. I think the author chooses it because we can identify with the different season in which the owls were placed in. the author even says " there are those birds you gauge your life by. The burrowing owls five miles from the entrance to Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge are mine."
(p. 742) The author speaks about how in the spring she finds them nesting, in the summer they forage with their young, and by winter they leave to for a more comfortable place. the metaphorical significance is that it appliesto us humans, we rest in the spring time, we like to spend time with our families in the summer, and in the winter we find warm weather for comfort.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I really like that point of view that you brought up in this blog. I didn't think of that when I was reading for the first time but when I read it again that makes since. It really makes since that you can relate it to human beings.
ReplyDelete