Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reading like a writer The Ninemile Wolves

Q. How does the writer structure the essay and to what effect? Is it a linear narrative? or is it fragmented?

A. I really like how the author structured the essay, it was simple and to the point. He knew his story and how he wanted to present it and he did a great job. He may have structured it in his own way or idea, but in my opinion he decided to provide background information first to inform the reader, then proceed into his essay with sympathetic stories that involve the wolves and how they were treated, then into more facts and stories about these wolves. I believe there are similarities in the beginning and the ending, he opens and closes with great information, and it begins and ends with excitement for this essay. I think this essay is linear; it focuses on its main topics and proceeds to keep and steady path throughout the essay, it isn’t jumping from topic to topic or past to future to present.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this post a lot. I thought that it was linear as well and wasn't jumping back and forth between topics. You did a good job of bringing up how he gave background info to the reader. I though that was very important in setting up the story as you mentioned and getting the reader to be sympathetic.

    ReplyDelete