Friday, May 21, 2010

50 word "snapshot"

1.Growing up in Southern California you are experienced to a lot of different things whether in your neighborhood or environmentally. Where I lived there is a lot of desert area; so seeing cacti, Joshua trees, tumble weeds, and other desert items is something I’m more used to or in tuned with. Snow is practically unheard of where I live; but two years ago it snowed heavily my senior year. It snowed so much that school was canceled for three days and certain roads were closed. It was something new seeing a once desert area now completely white.

2.Seeing that I am a football player anything involving football I feel it’s my environment, whether football games, camps, sports bars, anything involving football I consider myself one with nature. My junior year in high school my team and I went to the championship game, that whole week prior to the game emotions ran wild, pep rallies were great, a teammate and I even did a radio interview; I felt like I was professional. When game time hit goose bumps ran down my whole body, the stands were rocking, standing in the middle of the field was something I dreamed of ever since I got into high school. The game didn’t go our way and we eventually lost; the feeling afterwards was complete heart break, but I still love the sport even the though it brings joy and sorrow.

3.My first trip out of the country was to Canada for a basketball tournament, and needless to say I was extremely excited. Not only was it my first trip out the country but my first time on an airplane, I remember sitting in my seat terrified before and during takeoff. It was kind of funny looking back at it now, because the stuartist noticed how scared I was and she walked me up to first class and allowed me to sit there the entire flight. My teammates laughed at me but they were the ones stuck in coach. Though Canada was fun the airplane trip is my main focus because I had to overcome a fear and I’m glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment