Friday, June 4, 2010

Speech at Grand Canyon

Q.What specific details stay in your mind? Why? How di these small details lead to larger ideas?

A. There are many details that stood out to me when I read this. One is the fact that it is President Roosevelt’s first trip to the state of Arizona and I can picture him on a podium of some sort in front on the Governor and the people of Arizona giving his speech. Another detail that I noticed was how he is so intrigued by nature; he mentions the beauty of the Grand Canyon many times. By that I noticed that he is a serious conservationist, he is adventurous, and loves the outdoors. When you have small details it is much easier to piece them together so you can form a bigger and broader meaning.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you brought up good ideas here. I liked how you mention that President Roosevelt is a serious conservative and adventurous. It doesn't just come out and say that in the reading, but I feel you are correct and look into what he is actually saying it makes since that you are right.

    ReplyDelete